PROPERTY IN FOCUS Chartered Building Surveyors providing professional residential inspections and advice through the provision of detailed survey reports, helping consumers make an informed decision when buying a property.
Condition Report Level 1
The RICS Condition Report is a Level 1 report, Choose this report if you’re buying or selling a conventional house, flat or bungalow built from common building materials and in reasonable condition. It focuses purely on the condition of the property by setting out the following:
- Clear ‘traffic light’ ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that may require varying degrees of attention;
- A summary of the risks to the condition of the building; and
- Advice on replacement parts guarantees, planning and control matters for your legal advisers.
An RICS Condition Report is straightforward and does not include a valuation.
Homebuyer Report (Survey) Level 2
The Homebuyers Report (survey) Service is a level 2 report. It is suitable for most conventional properties built from common building materials and in reasonable condition. It costs more than the Condition Report but includes:
- All of the features in the Condition Report;
- A list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property;
- Advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance;
- Issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
- Legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your purchase; and
- Information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available).
The RICS Homebuyer Report (Survey) does not include a valuation.
Building Survey Level 3
The Building Survey is a level 3 report. It is suitable if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works. It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property. The RICS Building Survey uses the same traffic light ratings as the Condition and HomeBuyer Reports. It also includes:
- A more thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues;
- A description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws;
- An outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity; and
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
Please note the RICS Building Survey does not include a valuation
Property in Focus Best know now, rather than pay later!
Get an independent review of a property from an impartial perspective by a RICS Chartered professional. The report will reflect the condition of the property, highlighting any major and minor defects that a potential purchaser would most likely want to know. The findings of the inspection can often assist in the re-negotiation of a sale price and give peace of mind.
We provide three main types of surveys which offer differing levels of detail. These are the RICS Condition Report, the RICS Homebuyers Report (Survey) and the RICS Building survey.
Get a Quick Quote Fast no obligation quote
Get in touch We would love to hear from you
We would be delighted to discuss your requirements. Whether you are looking to purchase your first home or grow your portfolio, we can assist.
Please feel free to call on 0161 509 6581 or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Areas We Serve We provide services throughout the north west including: