At Basegate Surveyors Limited, we recognise that safeguarding your personal information is important. This policy describes the types of information we collect and sets out how we process this information. This policy complies with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) & the Data Protection Act, as required by UK law.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out an enquiry form on our website; and when you request us to undertake an inspection in relation to a survey. By requesting a quote or instructing us to undertake a survey you are giving your consent for us to process and store the personal information you provide.
Information is collected for the purposes of:
- To provide the user with a quotation.
When requesting a quote from our website or over the telephone we will collect your name, email address, phone number, and details of the property that you wish to have your quote based upon, such as type of property, number of bedrooms, and estimated value or purchase price.
- To arrange booking of services with agents/vendors.
When requesting to book your survey, we will collect the information aforementioned in section (1) with the additional information: your current address, the name and phone number of the estate agents and/or the name and phone number of the vendor of the property. Where you provide vendors details you understand that you are responsible for the personal information you share and confirm that you have the third party’s consent to provide their name and contact number.
- What do we use your information for / How is information processed?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To provide you with a quote; we may call you on the phone number provided for the purpose of providing and discussing your quote. We will send you a quote to the email address provided and may also send a text sms message. We may send periodic follow-up emails regarding your quote. You can opt-out at any time by replying to the email asking to be unsubscribed.
- To provide you with the service requested. If you instruct Basegate Surveyors Limited to book an inspection we will use your contact information to confirm booking information and general communications relating to the requested service.
- If you choose to instruct us we may send your name, email address and order ID to Reviews.co.uk, which is an independent review service. In which case your email address will be used to send you an invitation to participate in the review process. You can optout from this by clicking the unsubscribe link within the invitation email.
Retention of data
We keep data on our system for upto three months in the event you leave your details for a quotation. If you decide to instruct us to undertake a survey you should be aware that for legal purposes, some of the information we hold must be retained for a period of up to 15 years from the date of instruction in order to comply with current regulations relating to our industry and service. All the information retained by Basegate Surveyors Limited is stored within the UK.
By using our websites or obtaining a quote from Basegate Surveyors Limited, or by instructing Basegate Surveyors Limited to undertake a survey, you agree to and consent to the above policy.